February 20, 2014
The Friends of the Napa River, Inc., an environmental non-profit, seeks high energy, self-starter executive for part-time management position.
- Management and growth of all-volunteer Board of Directors. Work with Board to assist in driving our mission, friend-raising, and fundraising.
- Fund development of private donors and grants; grant writing.
- Financial management including budgeting, financial controls, and doing more with less.
- Public relations, marketing, and advocacy out in the community driving our mission and goals.
- Volunteer management including day-to-day tasks as well as event direction and coordination.
- Knowledge of 21st century internet and social media / web 2.0 savviness.
Required skills, attributes and education:
- Bachelor’s degree. 5 or more years of work experience preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding interpersonal and diplomatic skills; ability to build trust and build rapport with a broad range of people. Friendly, outgoing and professional demeanor.
- Maturity of judgment, high degree of integrity and discretion, high degree of self-motivation and taking initiative.
- Ability to work well in a small, entrepreneurial setting, taking on multiple tasks and adapting as our needs and priorities change.
- Ability to work in an organization that requires collaboration with like-minded organizations.
Part time position averaging twenty five (25) hours per week with salary compensation depending on experience. Stipends for cell phone, gas allowance, and partial health may be considered. Our expectation is that the individual will work from his / her own home with significant amount of time out in the community.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume, cover letter, three professional references, and a specific outline describing why you are the ideal person to lead the Friends’ organization. Review of applications will begin immediately but applications will be accepted until the position is filled. All replies will be held in complete confidence.
Please send by email to: NapaEnviroED@Gmail.com.
Only responses to the above email address will be considered. Please do not contact individual Board members.